Update: Listen to the full show AUD thanks to Alex Leary.
After Oteil and Friends broke the New Years run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester a couple of nights ago. Oteil and his crew traveled down to Upper Darby, right outside of Philly and joined Gov’t Mule last night for the kick off to Mule Years Eve.
Warren, never one to miss an opportunity for a sit-in, joined Oteil and Friends during their opening set. A few of Oteil and Friends’ members returned the favor during Mule’s opening set.
Warren welcomed Melvin Seals, Jennifer Hartswick, and Weedie Braimah from Oteil and Friends along with long-time friend Captain Ron Holloway for the fourth song of the first set.
With the added firepower on the horns from Holloway and Hartswick, Gov’t Mule dove head first into the Little Feat classic, “Spanish Moon.” Captain Ron Holloway and Uncle Warren are no stranger to “Spanish Moon.”
01. Dark Was the Night, Cold Was The Ground
02. Game Face
03. Time to Confess
04. Spanish Moon *
05. Revolution Come, Revolution Go
06. I’m a Ram
07. Mule > I’ve Been Working > Mule ^
08. Thelonius Beck
09. Beautifully Broken
10. The Man I Want To Be
11. I Think You Know What I Mean > When The Levee Breaks > I Think You Know What I Mean
12. 30 Days In The Hole > I Don’t Need No Doctor
14. E: Going Out West $
– Oteil and Friends opened; After this show, Mule moved to NYC’s Beacon Theatre for two more shows of NYE run (Dec. 29, 31).
– * With Ron Holloway (sax), Melvin Seals (keys), Weedie Braimah (congas), Jennifer Hartswick (trumpet).
– ^ With Ron Holloway on sax.
– $ With Roosevelt Collier on steel guitar, Ron Holloway on sax.
Thanks to Sean Roche for the awesome footage!
Photo credit: keyesoftheworld