Jam Buzz Social Media and Blogging Internship
Are you passionate about jam bands? Do you spend a lot of time keeping up with the latest trends online? Do you love sharing music and info about your favorite bands on social media? Jam Buzz, a new breed of digital jam band publication, is looking for a social media intern to take our website and social channels to the next level.
Jam Buzz has a growing, devoted following of deadheads and jam band-loving fans from all over the world. Since launching just over a year ago, Jam Buzz has over 10,000 subscribers and social media followers and has served up nearly 500,000 jams!
We have a fast paced work environment and are seeking passionate Jam band lovers who crave to learn new skill sets and grow everyday. As an intern, you will work directly with Jam Buzz founder Chris Strom in helping develop and grow Jam Buzz on Instagram, Facebook, and the Jam Buzz Extras blog.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about jam bands (new and old) and social media; and who is loves to write about and share the music they love. If you are a musician, that is a huge plus.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create an effective short/long term social media plan and marketing calendar
- How to track social media analytics using Later.io, Bit.ly, and other software, and report results and new ideas to the Jam Buzz team.
- How to growth hack and create compelling/viral content (including video) that spreads like wildfire
- Beginner to advanced strategies in marketing and branding
And much more – you will work closely with Jam Buzz founder Chris Strom who is an experienced young entrepreneur that has over 10 years experience in the marketing field.
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing, Journalism, Media, or other related discipline
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative mind who likes to think outside of the box
- Someone who keeps up to date with pop culture and the latest trends
- Must be passionate and have positive energy
- Is well written and feels comfortable with publishing their writing
- Genuine love for using social media, and excitement to learn new skills
If this sounds like the internship of the year for you, we want to hear from you.
The position begins ASAP and ends in 3 months, the end date is flexible and could be extended upon request. You will be working remotely from home for the majority of the internship. If you live in the NY/NJ area, there will be periodic in-person meetings throughout the internship.
Please note that this internship is UNPAID, and in place of compensation you will get a ton of value from a real, experienced young entrepreneur and practitioner. Some perks of the internship include: discounts on our merch, social media shoutouts, publicity for your creative writing, and more.
There may be paid positions available at the end of the internship.
If you are interested in the position, please apply below.