The Marcus King Band’s summer tour is in full swing. This past weekend, MKB landed at Paper Mill Island in Upstate New York.
King and his band treated Baldwinsville to a nearly two hour set filled with killer covers. The performance coincided with the 50th anniversary of the final day of Woodstock. MKB’s covers honored some of the amazing performances at the landmark festival including Santana’s “Soul Sacrifice.” Other covers included The Grateful Dead’s “Fire On The Mountain,” CSNY’s “Ohio” with a Jimi Hendrix’s “Machine Gun,” and more.
One Set (1:51:04)
1. walk on
2. Never In My Life (w/Wade In The Water) (Mountain cover)
4. Where I’m Headed
5. Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong (w/Blue Sky jam – Allman Brothers Band cover)
6. Opie (w/band intros)
7. Ohio (w/Machine Gun jam – Jimi Hendrix cover) (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover)
8. Self-Hatred ->
9. Fire On The Mountain (Grateful Dead cover)
10. Autumn Rains
11. Soul Of A Good Man
12. Side Door
13. Grinnin’ In Your Face (Son House cover)
14. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Willie Dixon cover)
16. Soul Sacrifice (w/band intros) (Santana cover)
17. encore break
18. Goodbye Carolina
Thanks to Hunting Sound Man for the recording!
Photo credit: stephcrazyanimalgirl