Tedeschi Trucks Band continued their annual Beacon Theater run on Wednesday night with their fourth night of the run. The third night of the run featured killer sit ins from Nels Cline and Luther Dickinson. There were more fireworks on night four.
Halfway through their set, TTB welcomed Eric Krasno for a pair of songs and then Robert Randolph joined for a pair of songs as well.
Eric Krasno reunited with Derek Trucks later in the evening for an epic “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed” that clocked in at 18 minutes. Earlier in the week, Krasno jammed on “Liz Reed” further downtown at the Blue Note residency.
Sit-ins from Mark Whitfield and DeShawn Alexander capped off the guest-filled evening.
- High & Mighty
- Let Me Get By
- It’s So Heavy
- Anyday (Derek and the Dominos cover)
- I’m Gonna Be There
- Misunderstood (with Eric Krasno)
- Sweet and Low (with Eric Krasno)
- Leavin’ Trunk (Sleepy John Estes cover) (with Robert Randolph)
- Volunteered Slavery (Rahsaan Roland Kirk cover) (with Robert Randolph)
- Midnight in Harlem
- Don’t Know What It Means
- The Letter (The Box Tops cover)
- Soul Sacrifice (Santana cover)
- How Blue Can You Get? (Johnny Moore’s Three Blazers cover)
- In Memory of Elizabeth Reed (The Allman Brothers Band cover) (with Eric Krasno)
- I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free (Billy Taylor cover) (with Mark Whitfield)
- Encore: Let’s Go Get Stoned (The Coasters cover) (with Mark Whitfield)
Thanks to edtyre2 for the great recording!
Photo credit: oldkingcolephotography